I get asked a lot of questions as a home school mom. One of those is how much time do you actually spend on schooling. This is a good questions because it is not the same as what a child in public school spends. So I thought I would share how our day is usually laid out. Now does this schedule happen perfectly every day, um no. We are lucky if we can get it down three days out of the seven but that is the wonderful thing about homeschooling. So here goes:
- 4:30 am- helping the hubs get up and ready for work.
- 5 am- back to bed for hopefully another hour or two of sleep before the kiddos get up.
- 7 am- up to take care of the hot mess hair do I am rocking and get ready for the day.
- 7:30- post on the old bloggy blog
- 8 am- kiddos up and crazy, getting dressed (beating one another with clothes) and eating breakfast. (arguing over who gets to use the ipad first while the other does school)
- 9am- chores
- 10-1- school
- 1-2- bring my seester to her jobby job
- 2-5- free time to play outside, inside, or just plain drive mom crazy. I kid, this is actually time for mommy to get some things accomplished of her own.
- 5pm- dinner
- 6pm- bath
- 7pm-cleaning of the room and living room where they seem to have spun tornadoes.
- 8pm- Family prayer and bedtime book reading with mom. (We are currently reading Harry Potter)
- 9pm- quiet time with the hubs usually spent watching our favorite shows until we fall asleep.
Big tip for homeschoolers or anyone else, do not compare your schedule to others. You have your own unique family, trials, and achievments going on. Do whatever works best for you. If I cared what everyone else was doing I would drive myself nuts. Just do your best.